Spice Pumpkin Protein Mousse. Embrace the flavor of the season with a dessert that’s filled with cinnamon, spice and a delicious serving of healthy protein.
Along with the changing of the leaves and beginning of Big Top & Hoodie weather, the end of September signifies the start of fall. It’s around this time that one specific gourd takes center stage: the pumpkin.
From the aroma of pumpkin spice lattes that fill coffee houses, to store shelves stocked with pumpkin-flavored Oreos, the start of autumn can rightly be called “pumpkin season.” If you’re like me, you believe this is a time to celebrate and fully embrace the pumpkiny goodness with all your might. I’m here to help you do just that.
One of the cool things about pumpkin is that it’s really easy to incorporate into protein-based foods. It adds phenomenal flavor, as well as fiber and texture. You can make pumpkin protein pancakes, protein pumpkin fluff, and all things protein POW! But, if you’re looking for a light, yet-filling dessert, feast your eyes on this pumpkin spice protein mousse. It’s incredibly easy and yum-yum-yum delicious.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 3/8 cup mascarpone cheese (could sub with ricotta, cream cheese, or a combo)
- 1 tbsp agave syrup (or Walden Farms calorie-free pancake syrup)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice or mixed spice
- A couple cinnamon sticks (for decoration)
- Using an electric blender, blend and then whisk all of the ingredients together. If you want your mousse thicker and more cheesecake-like, add a bit more of the mascarpone (or some cream cheese) to the mix.
- Stick your mix in a sandwich bag and attach a piping nozzle. If you don’t have a piping nozzle, just stick the mix in a sandwich bag and cut a small corner off.
- Pipe (or squeeze) the mix into a cup.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: You can skip steps two and three if you don’t care about aesthetics. Just eat the mousse out of the bowl—no judgment!
Recipe yields 2 servings
Amount per serving
Total Fat 16g
Total Carbs 14g